Providing Woodland Hills, Los Angeles and all of Southern California winning solutions for car stereo, mobile electronics, wheels, suspensions-on and off road, custom metal fabrication, custom interiors, complete restorations and restomodding of vehicles both foreign and domestic for over 20 years.
Car Customization and Accessories in Woodland Hills and Los Angeles
Providing Southern California winning solutions for car stereo, mobile electronics, wheels, suspensions, custom metal fabrication, custom interiors, complete restorations and restomodding of vehicles both foreign and domestic for over 20 years.
Custom Car Restoration Los Angeles
A classic car is automotive art but you don’t want it just sitting in a garage collecting dust and rust. You want it out there on the road where you and other automotive enthusiasts can enjoy the sight and sound of your vintage vehicle. At Safe and Sound Designs, we specialize in custom car restoration in Los Angeles, which means that we make cars from decades past look and run like they are brand new.
We treat your baby with the same amount of TLC that you do, so you can be certain that your classic is in good hands. At Safe and Sound Designs, we service cars from all eras so we have an innate appreciation for the automotive classics that paved the way for the modern classics. That is why you can trust us with your car restoration after we’re done, everyone will think that your car is fresh off the dealer’s lot.
The Restoration Procedure
We restore your classic car or your custom hot rod from top to bottom, fender to fender, inside and out. Since you’re going to be placing your valuable property in our hands, it’s only fair that we give you a brief rundown of how we go about your custom car restoration or hot rod restoration.
We want your car to look as good as new and that starts with the body.
- We start by removing the body panels from the vehicle
- Next, we inspect the frame to see if it needs any repairs
- The paint is carefully removed from the old body panels
- We repair any rusted parts and remove any dents from the body panels
- We repair or replace the floor pan if necessary
- Once the panels are repaired and restored, we make sure that they fit on the car’s frame and make adjustments if they don’t
- Once the panels have been put back on the frame, we send the vehicle to our paint department
The next step in your vehicle’s rebirth is the paint process, here is how it goes.
- We apply an etch primer on the bare body work
- We then apply a few coats of regular primer to the body panels
- After that, we block sand the car to get the panels as straight as we can
- We clean the vehicle to get rid of any residue from the sanding process
- Next we mask the car to make sure that the paint gets properly applied
- Solvent cleaning happens next, after which we apply the base coat of paint
- The application of the clear coat is next, which means that we’re almost done
- Once the previous step is done, we let the car sit for a few days and then apply the finishing touches to ensure that the paint job is pristine
Of course, looks aren’t everything, your car has to drive like—or even better than—new as well. Whether you need a simple tune-up or a comprehensive mechanical upgrade for your custom car restoration, we’ve got you covered.
- We can upgrade stock systems like the brakes or the suspension
- We can rebuild the engine or swap it out for a crate engine
- You can get a fully upgraded or rebuilt transmission
- The engine can get a tune-up or a recalibration
- We can restore the fuel system
- We can restore the electrical system or install an A/C system
Now that you’re riding in style, we can make sure that you ride in comfort as well. Here’s how.
- We can restore or recover the seats and install customized seat covers
- The center console can be restored or repaired. We can also install a custom console
- We can restore the dashboard
- The interior can be painted or dyed
- We can replace the headliner
- The carpet can get replaced
- A custom sound system can be installed
- If your car is a convertible, then we can replace the top, the rear window, and the frame
- We can even replace the interior of the trunk
Trust Safe and Sound Designs With Your Custom Car Restoration
Safe and Sound Designs is not just our name, it’s also a guarantee. No matter how extensively you want to restore your car, you can trust that we will get it done. Whether you need a slight cosmetic upgrade, an interior renovation, or a complete custom car restoration, we can do it. So, don’t let your custom hot rod sit in a garage all day long, let Safe and Sound Designs fix it up so that it can get back on the road, where it belongs.